Read the Case Study
What kind of feedback can you get for iOS app with over 130,000 downloads?
Apple announced in June 2016 the 10th version of iOS. One of the featured things was the introduction of the Messages App Store. Two weeks before the system première I came up with an idea to make an app for their new platform. Who hasn’t played checkers as a kid? It was enough time to make a simple board game. I wanted to focus on the very first impact of the new selling platform. As a result of this decision, checkers were downloaded more than 130 000 times and promoted by Apple from the very first day.
To make a native app for Apple iMessage ready for the new iOS release
Scope & Duration
2016, 2 weeks, including design works and coding
UX Designer / Product Designer
What skills have I employed?
- 👉 How to quickly adapt the well know concept into the working product
- 👉 How to put the geographical context into consideration
- 👉 I understood the real importance of research
What has challenged me and what have I learned?
- 👉 The biggest challenge was time. I learned how to adapt a popular board game as an app in a short time and how to increase chances of being promoted in the App Store.
- 👉 Geographical context - different rules in different countries.